Are you looking to collect feedback from a large audience quickly and efficiently? Creating a Google Form is an excellent way to gather valuable information. However, if you want to ensure that your form reaches as many people as possible, it’s important to make it public. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the steps of making a Google Form public, allowing you to reach a wider audience and collect the feedback you need.
Why Make a Google Form Public?
Making your Google Form public has several benefits. By removing accessibility barriers, you open your form to a larger pool of potential respondents. This, in turn, allows you to gather diverse perspectives and insights. Publicly sharing your form can help you better understand your target audience and improve your products or services based on their feedback.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Make a Google Form Public
Follow these simple steps to make your Google Form public:
Step 1: Create Your Google Form
Start by logging into your Google account and navigating to Google Forms. If you have not yet created a form, you can easily do so by selecting a template or starting from scratch. Customize the form to fit your needs, including adding questions, options, and design elements.
Step 2: Access the Form Settings
Once you have finished creating your form, click on the “Settings” button located at the top right corner of the page. This will open a menu with various options.
Step 3: Adjust Response Settings
In the settings menu, click on the “Responses” tab. Here, you will find options related to how respondents can interact with your form. To make your form public, toggle off any settings that require sign-in or limit the number of responses.
Step 4: Share Your Google Form
After adjusting the response settings, click on the “Send” button at the top right corner of the page. This will open a menu with different sharing options.
- Email: If you want to share your form via email, click on the email icon. You can customize the subject line and message of the email. You also have the option to embed the form directly within the email.
- Link: To share your form via a link, click on the link icon. Google Forms will generate a unique URL that you can copy and share with anyone. This allows anyone with the link to access and fill out the form.
- Embed HTML: If you have a website or blog, you can embed your form directly onto a web page using HTML code. This allows visitors to fill out the form without leaving your site.
- Social Media: If you want to share your form on social media platforms, click on the social media icon. This will allow you to post your form directly on platforms like Facebook or Twitter.
Step 5: Track and Manage Responses
To view and analyze the responses to your form, click on the “Responses” tab. Here, you can see a summary of the responses and access the full dataset in a Google Sheets spreadsheet. This will enable you to gain valuable insights from the feedback you receive.
Adding Collaborators to Your Google Form
In some cases, you may want to allow others to edit and collaborate on your Google Form. To add collaborators, follow these steps:
- Click on the three dots next to the “Send” button.
- Select the “Add collaborators” option.
Under the general access section, choose the desired sharing option:
- Restricted Access: By adding specific email addresses in the “Add Editors” section, you can restrict access to your form to only those individuals. These collaborators will be able to view and make changes to the form.
- Group Access: If you want to provide access to a group of people, you can add their email addresses or select a pre-existing group from your contacts.
- Access with Link: By selecting the “Anyone with the link” option, anyone who has the link can access and fill out the form. However, they will not be able to edit the form itself.
An Alternative Solution: forms.app
While Google Forms is a widely used platform, it does have some limitations when it comes to controlling access to your form. If you are looking for a more customizable solution, consider using forms.app. This platform offers a range of features and templates to help you create and share your form easily.
To make your form public using forms.app, follow these steps:
- Start by selecting a template related to your theme and customizing it to your liking.
- Once you have finished creating your form, click on the “Share” button located in the top right corner.
- forms.app provides various sharing options, including email, social media, and link sharing. Choose the option that suits your needs.
- forms.app also allows you to set access levels for your form, such as public, limited, or private. This gives you more control over who can view and edit your form.
Making your Google Form public is essential to reach a wider audience and collect valuable feedback. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can easily make your form public and share it with others. Remember to adjust the response settings, choose the appropriate sharing method, and track your responses to gain insights from the feedback you receive. And if you need more customization options, consider using alternative platforms like forms.app. Now, go ahead and make your Google Form public to start gathering valuable feedback from your audience!